On 03 May 18:31, Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:

> >> Don't have a better name so far, but I'm open for suggestions.
> >
> > I like «Production Step»

> >> I like resource better too as it is much more generic, but wouldn't it
> >> make sense to move it to another module? Or we just name it
> >> "production.resource"?
> >
> > As it is something that could refer to many different things, I have for
> > now 2 things: an asset and an employee, we need an abstraction for the
> > production level.

> >> That is a real help for users in some scenarios but I agree I can move
> >> it to another module to keep the base simpler.
> >
> > The important is the concistancy of the all.

> >> Why do you think it is useless? It allows the user to describe the
> >> production process which is not possible with separate BOM and
> >> Route's. Of course, I can add that as an extension as I already
> >> started but I'd like to understand why you reject it so clearly.
> >
> > The production instructions, you describe target the user/human.
> > I see not advantage to try to use a schema for it. The best way to
> > communicate such instructions is with explanation text, just like for a
> > recipe. More over, the information system will have nothing to do with
> > such data.

> >> I just updated the wiki.
> >
> > - I think Resource should not have a cost price.
>
> I think each resource may have a different cost, even if several of
> them are on the same category. If it is a human resource we could pick
> that information from the employee, though.

That's a too deep dream.

> > - I don't see any benefit for OperationType. For me, the resources will
> >   be enough to give a kind of "type".
>
> It was added to allow have a set of existing Operations and track the
> real resources used in a given operation.

resources used for an operation are the resources.

> Without this, we will just
> be able to know the cost in the production, but not if our estimate
> per operation was accurate.

Wrong. The extimation is on the BOM, the reallity is on the production.

> The idea is that the list of operations in
> the production have a Many2One to operation type and to the resource
> used.
>
> I've updated the wiki with several of your comments and I've added how
> tracking the operations on the production could look like. I think
> this can help discuss the OperationType issue.
>

> > - I don't see the point of 'production.route'. For me, the list should
> >   be directly on the BOM because I can not imagine re-using a 'route'
> >   for many BOM's.
>
> Ok for me.
>
> > - The 'production.route.operation' should have a list of resource
> >   category.
>
> You mean just a list of resource categories (many2many)? I think the
> time must be linked to the resource/category (one of them only). So
> Cleaning will take 5 minutes for the machine + 10 minutes from an
> employee.

Please explain how this can be.

> > - I'm wondering if instead of adding cost price on resource, it should
> >   not be a link to a product asset or a group of employee on which such
> >   information will be defined. And so the current resource will be the
> >   serial number of the asset or the employee.
> > - Maybe resource should just be removed and replaced by two lists: one
> >   for assets and one for group of employee.
>
> I think it should not just be a list (many2many) but we need to know
> the time (constant or linear) that will be used each resource, so I
> see a resource as a model to encapsulate several kind of, well,
> resources :) Maybe resource could jut have:

Not related to my comment.

> - a Selection for type (employee, asset, tool?, whatever)
> - Reference to the object
> - Cost as a function field calculated depending on the Selection type
> and the Reference object
> - UOM for cost / time
>
> (In fact, I think the selection should go into the resource.category)
>
> > - 'calculation', I think the name is not accurate. I think about
> >   "coefficient" or "factor" with: "linear", "constant".
>
> I'm not very fond of coefficient/factor but agree with linear/constant.
>
> > - In the model, it misses the definition of the models which will
> >   receive a copy of the "route" on the production.
>
> Don't understand this one. Please, update the wiki as you see.

Estomation is on BOM, reality is on production.
We miss the reality.

> As I said, I also added to the wiki how tracking time operation time
> information should be handled. This will bring other important stuff
> such if Work should be linked with all this.

I don't understand why you create OperationTracking when just Operation
is enough.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com