On 18/04/13 16:46 +0200, Axel Braun wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently testing a business scenario for use of tryton in a trading
> company. Some question where I appreciate your help:
>
> - tryton can maintain different companies to work with. How can I quickly
> change the company (e.g. doing a sales as company A, then a Purchase as
> Company B, and next a sale as company C)?

You can change current company via the User Preferences.

> - When I enter a new party, e.g. employee, the party number is assigned
> internally (means the systems creates the number). Can I switch this to
> external number assignment (I create the number/alphanumeric)? Is this coding
> or configuration work?

Yes if you remove the sequence on Party>Configuration

> - Same question applies for offers (to customer) and quotation from purchasing

It does not.

> - when adding a party associated with sales, how can I add a contact person?

For now, the module party_relationship was not yet writen.

> - where are bank data for companies / parties maintained

None.

> - tryton offers the possibility to send a .odt document by mail to a party.
> How can i send a PDF?

If you setup unoconv, trytond will be able to convert odt into pdf.

> Is there a way to fax the document out of tryton (e.g. via sendfax, or PDF-
> email to the fax server)?

Not by default.

> - Is there any integration with a telephone system possible (e.g. click on a
> contact's phone number to call him)? e.g. via skype or an external telephone
> system? Has someone already build this?

Yes if you configure the OS to manage "callto:" or "sip:" URI schema.

> - when creating a material, I have to enter sales and purchase price. In many
> cases we will not know this at that point in time. How can I swich off that
> these fields are mandatory?

It is not possible.

> - Similar problem on the quotation for sales - is it possible to create a
> quotation for sales with just a reference, means without customer in it?
> (This
> will be added of course before it is sent out!)

Not in the base.

> - How can I create an inquiry to a supplier based on the just created
> quotation for sales?

Manually

> Can I copy one inquiry from another (to ask same product
> with a different supplier)?

Duplicate purchase.

> - how can I see sales / purchases to a material ('open related records' on a
> material does not show this)

It depends what information you are looking for.

> - sometimes there are variable components in sales, e.g to cover changing
> copper price. so the material price consists of
> material                      20EUR
> copper component      5,33 EUR
> Can this be handled in tryton in one sales line?

No.

> Adding a second sales line for the copper price is a potential solution, but
> might cause problems in case of multiple sales lines with copper component....
>
> - how can I see the document flow (quotation 2411 resulted in sales order
> 333,
> invoice 231, with associated account records (postings) 33344455). Plus link
> to associated supplier inquiry, if possible

Follow relate on sale.

> - how can I create customer hierarchies (e.g. customer A belongs to group C,
> customer D is a subdivision of A)? Is there a reporting possibility on this
> (see sales on group and company level, for example).

Idem about party relationship.

> - in general I miss the incoterms in sales and purchase, plus information on
> customs tariff code -  is this planned to add?

It is up to you.

> - is there a kind of 'customer/vendor info record' that combines a material
> with a customer, e.g. to store special customer information for that material
> (e.g. material is called 'Jim' , but in customer / vendor terms it is 'John')

No only for supplier.

> - in order to avoid misunderstanding in dates in international communication,
> can the month in tryton always be displayed as JAN, FEB, MAR, etc? (european
> notation is usually 01.02.2013, 01 FEB 2013, while 01.02.2013 is for a US-
> customer JAN 02, 2013)

Perhaps by changing the date format but it needs to be tested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimistic_concurrency_control

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL