Hello Cedric,

thanks for this fast and comprehensive answer. It leads to some more question:

>> - tryton can maintain different companies to work with. How can I quickly
>> change the company (e.g. doing a sales as company A, then a Purchase as
>> Company B, and next a sale as company C)?

> You can change current company via the User Preferences.

..but that means the user has to log on and off again? Then it is probably
better to have a second session open

>> - When I enter a new party, e.g. employee, the party number is assigned
>> internally (means the systems creates the number). Can I switch this to
>> external number assignment (I create the number/alphanumeric)? Is this coding
>> or configuration work?

>Yes if you remove the sequence on Party>Configuration

>> - Same question applies for offers (to customer) and quotation from
>> purchasing

>It does not.

What is the effort to change this? (Assuming it can be changed)

>> - when adding a party associated with sales, how can I add a contact person?

>For now, the module party_relationship was not yet writen.

Is there a due date for this?

>> - where are bank data for companies / parties maintained

>None.

Is there a plan to add this?

>> - tryton offers the possibility to send a .odt document by mail to a party.
>> How can i send a PDF?

>If you setup unoconv, trytond will be able to convert odt into pdf.

OK

>> Is there a way to fax the document out of tryton (e.g. via sendfax, or PDF-
>> email to the fax server)?

>Not by default.

I assume that it is similar to the sending of an EMail. One should be able to
clone the method.
Maybe something for the wishlist?

>> - Is there any integration with a telephone system possible (e.g. click on a
>> contact's phone number to call him)? e.g. via skype or an external telephone
>> system? Has someone already build this?

>Yes if you configure the OS to manage "callto:" or "sip:" URI schema.

Great. That should be feasible on a Linux-Server.

>> - when creating a material, I have to enter sales and purchase price. In many
>> cases we will not know this at that point in time. How can I swich off that
>> these fields are mandatory?

>It is not possible.

...except we change the coding?

>> - Similar problem on the quotation for sales - is it possible to create a
>> quotation for sales with just a reference, means without customer in it?
>> (This
>> will be added of course before it is sent out!)

>Not in the base.

OK

>> - How can I create an inquiry to a supplier based on the just created
>> quotation for sales?

>Manually

OK

>> Can I copy one inquiry from another (to ask same product
>> with a different supplier)?

>Duplicate purchase.

OK

>> - how can I see sales / purchases to a material ('open related records' on a
>> material does not show this)

>It depends what information you are looking for.

When I'm in the material view, I want to see from whom we have purchased a
material, and to whom we have sold it. The purchase case in this context is
more important.

>> - sometimes there are variable components in sales, e.g to cover changing
>> copper price. so the material price consists of
>> material 20EUR
>> copper component 5,33 EUR
>> Can this be handled in tryton in one sales line?

>No.

OK. How would you solve this requirement? Second sales line?

>> Adding a second sales line for the copper price is a potential solution, but
>> might cause problems in case of multiple sales lines with copper
>> component....
>>
>> - how can I see the document flow (quotation 2411 resulted in sales order
>> 333,
>> invoice 231, with associated account records (postings) 33344455). Plus link
>> to associated supplier inquiry, if possible

>Follow relate on sale.

OK, will check this

>> - how can I create customer hierarchies (e.g. customer A belongs to group C,
>> customer D is a subdivision of A)? Is there a reporting possibility on this
>> (see sales on group and company level, for example).

>Idem about party relationship.

OK

>> - in general I miss the incoterms in sales and purchase, plus information on
>> customs tariff code - is this planned to add?

>It is up to you.

You mean adding this as custom field?

>> - is there a kind of 'customer/vendor info record' that combines a material
>> with a customer, e.g. to store special customer information for that material
>> (e.g. material is called 'Jim' , but in customer / vendor terms it is 'John')

>No only for supplier.

Is it planned to have this for a customer as well? It is required to have it to
store customer material specific information. Material text can slightly differ
frm customer to customer, but if we do not put it the exact way on the bill of
lading for example, customs will not let it pass through. So this is really a
business requirement.

>> - in order to avoid misunderstanding in dates in international communication,
>> can the month in tryton always be displayed as JAN, FEB, MAR, etc? (european
>> notation is usually 01.02.2013, 01 FEB 2013, while 01.02.2013 is for a US-
>> customer JAN 02, 2013)

>Perhaps by changing the date format but it needs to be tested.

OK

Thanks again for your help,
Axel