* Nicolas Évrard: " Re: [tryton] Demo login user by languages - No
  countries" (Thu, 26 Sep 2013 15:21:50 +0200):

> * Mathias Behrle  [2013-09-26 15:06 +0200]:
> >* Nicolas Évrard: " Re: [tryton] Demo login user by languages - No
> >  countries" (Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:21:34 +0200):
> >
> >> * Mathias Behrle  [2013-09-26 13:02 +0200]:

> >> Account charts are out of the scope.
> >
> >Ok. This is not a self-evident specification.
>
> Well it seemed obvious to me that not installed modules were not taken
> into account.

I would opt to include all official modules into that calculation (especially
when taking into account, that you are able to install each module from the
admin interface (which is good)).

> >Don't say 100%, if you don't mean it. One simple forgotten string and a
> >translation is not 100%. Say 90% of unfuzzy strings and you are at your
> >goal.
>
> I mean it.
>
> Translating might be hard, but I suppose that people testing Tryton in
> another language expect to see the software completely translated than
> having one or two fields written in English.

Forgotten to unmark as unfuzzy one string and not qualify for login display?

Please don't be harder to translators than to maintainers. In the past there
were several late string fixes in the freeze. No problem. But if a translator
is not able to follow a late string fix, this shouldn't qualify for the display
of the login?

Really, I think you are shooting in your own foot when requiring such absolute
limits.

BTW: According to your rule of 100% the German translation was the only one
qualifying for login display of version 2.8:

http://hg.tryton.org/2.8/trytond/rev/be99a0308026

I think you are much better off to some reasonable threshold value.

> >> Where do you display on the website the hypothetical demo_tlh
> >> (Klingon)? On every languages pages or on the English one?
> >
> >Now I understand better, that you are refering to logins for languages
> >without language for website.
>
> Yes that's the point that is quoted :D.

No. Untranslated website != Not existing language for website

> >I think it would be best to show all valid logins (with sufficient threshold)
> >on all pages.
>
> Once there will be a lot of language the interface will be cluttered,
> no?
> Of course, this problem could be solved later.

Ack.

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6