Our networking group is looking into frameworks for
web developement.  We are trying to understand exactly what
turbine can do for us.

Here are our issues:

It sounds crazy but I think the documentation written is turbine-centric;
meaning it seems to have been written by someone who is too close to the
topic.  Several people have read the documentation and still can't explain
exactly what it is.  I would welcome more description from people who
are using turbine.

Several of our group members are non-java people.  They write scripts
in perl for network management, snmp data gathering, as well as
using the output of programs like mrtg and cricket draw to display
router information on a web page.  Can these tools be integrated with turbine?
Is it for servlets only?  Can a non-java developer produce a piece of
code (e.g. cgi script) written in (c/c++/pyton/perl) and integrate
it easily within the turbine framework?

Am I even in the right city?

thanks!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]