<snip>

> Several of our group members are non-java people.  They write scripts
> in perl for network management, snmp data gathering, as well as
> using the output of programs like mrtg and cricket draw to display
> router information on a web page.  Can these tools be integrated with turbine?
> Is it for servlets only?  Can a non-java developer produce a piece of
> code (e.g. cgi script) written in (c/c++/pyton/perl) and integrate
> it easily within the turbine framework?
>
> Am I even in the right city?

Probably not. :-(  Turbine is extremely Java-centric. If your non-Java code were
written as XML-RPC/SOAP-enabled services, you could easily use them from within
Turbine. However, if you want more complex functionality, such as sharing
sessions across environments, you'd have to implement a lot of plumbing first.

Perhaps something like Casbah <http://www.casbah.org/> would be more useful?

--
Christopher Elkins