Isn't this a component whose implementation is a DAS query (not DAS itself)? The component offers a service which is defined as DASService. So, instead of Java code, we are using a query.

I say this because in SCA we don't really have the notion of an "implementation-less" service and a component is defined by the SCDL <component> entry so there is always a component.

Jim