On 1/18/07, Jim Marino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jan 18, 2007, at 8:27 AM, Rick wrote:

> Another question comes to mind, how will we handle issues found in
> the "do-not-use" kernel if they are found by extension writers and
> are blocking?  Do they get fixed ?  Parallel development on both
> kernels? Blocking till the new kernel is ready?

I'd prefer not to branch. Since this will hopefully be a short period
before we have another release, I think they would block or a patch
could be applied locally to the extension. If someone has another
solution, we could look at that.

Would it be possible to put off deciding on this until all these proposed
changes are publicly available somewhere so we all have more idea about
whats involved and can make a more informed decision?