On Jan 18, 2007, at 9:01 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

I'd suggest copying it and changing the version to 'do-not-use- SNAPSHOT' or something. Artifacts can be published to the SNAPSHOT repo but there's no need to formally release as this is really a development snapshot. It can be patched if something critical comes up but wouldn't be intended for long term development.

Another alternative is to branch the kernel and do the new work there merging back in when its complete. I think that might be confusing though.
--
I'd prefer the first option - "do-not-use-SNAPSHOT".

Jim