haleh mahbod wrote:
Hi Jim,
I don't understand  what you mean when you talk about the " do-not-use"
kernel version.

Here is how I am understanding your proposal. . Is this correct?

Step #1 in your list: is a release of the kernel with content as of today .
This will live in a branch - Extensions will need to be sync'd up on this
version
Step #2 is a release of existing extensions on the Kernel - At this point
Kernel and extensions can be used by users
Step #3 is kernel evolving in the trunk to sync up with latest spec changes
Step #4  is the follow on release of the kernel with the spec changes -
Extensions will need to be sync'd up on this version.
Step #5 is the release of extensions on top of kernel in step 4- At this
point the new Kernel and extensions can be used by users
Thanks,
Haleh