On Mar 21, 2007, at 10:27 AM, Frank Budinsky wrote:

Jeremy, I don't understand your last comment:

I can't ack this for the ASF - that has to be done by an Officer as
described in the IP Clearance process. They would probably want
something official from IBM (Software Grant).

By attaching the two files to the JIRA, and selecting the "Grant license to ASF ..." button, I (on behalf of IBM) am contributing the classes. If I didn't have the right to do that, I would obviously be personally liable.
How is this contribution different from any other contributed source
files?

It isn't. And Apache has a IP Clearance process for handling them.
Please don't shoot the messenger.

What I was specifically asking is whether there is some stringent timeline issue that I still need to deal with? The code had been in SVN before the
license was officially granted.

The big one is that we can't release this code until this resolved.
--
Jeremy