On 3/22/07, Meeraj Kunnumpurath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Now that the SPI is getting stable and we have the initial end-to-end
story for federation working, I would suggest we plan for the final
release for kernel 2.0, with emphasis on federation and user experience.
I was thinking about aiming for a beta in June in time for TSSJS
Barcelona and the final release for August. Maybe we can have couple of
alpha releases from now and June as well. These are the features, I
would like to see in 2.0.

1. Tidy up anything required in physical model, now that it is starting
to take good shape.
2. Tidy up generators from logical to physical model.
3. Fix the JXTA discovery issues, also investigate other discovery
protocols.
4. Federation end-to-end fully completed, this would include, maybe,
profiles advertising their capabilities and the information being used
in intent-based autowiring etc.
5. Intent-based auto wiring
6. Emphasis on end user experience in terms of ease of use.
7. Assembly service, this kind of now related to the generators that
have been introduced in the last week or so
8. Artifact management, especially mobile code when we target components
to remote profiles.

Also, now the SPI has started settling in, we need to start looking at
binding and container extensions as well. Some of the bindings I would
be interested in are,

1. JMS
2. AMQP
3. Hessian

Ta
Meeraj

    You can find us at www.voca.com

This communication is confidential and intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee only. You should
not disclose its contents to any other person.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify
the sender named above immediately.

Registered in England, No 1023742,
Registered Office: Voca Limited
Drake House, Three Rivers Court,
Homestead Road, Rickmansworth,
Hertfordshire, WD3 1FX. United Kingdom

VAT No. 226 6112 87

This message has been checked for all email viruses by MessageLabs.

Hi Meeraj

From my perspective having demonstrable code in June would be spot on as I
have to speak on SCA then and would consider a demo if we could do it.

I don't have the knowledge yet to comment on the details of your proposal
just yet (hence the new subject) but a question. From a future demo point of
view I would like to show various runtime options some of which are not
federated  examples some of which are. Can I miss out the federation bit if
I want to? For example, I would potentially like to show a variety of
scenarios

- Hello world. the simplest possible single process example to get people
into how SCA works
- Standalone domain (a single VM)
    service provision (perhaps an AJAX style example where an SCA composite
provides services to the browser)
    service consumption (backend service access providing content to my
AJAX service)
- Federated domain (multiple VM)
    How SCA describes many connected composites.

I'm just starting now to look at how all the kernel stuff works so I expect
all this will become clear soon enough (I found your previous posts giving
explantion b.t.w - so am starting from there)

Regards