This seems quite scary: "Release then Test".

Can't we use a staging maven respository to perform a pre-release
test?  Would this require extensive changes to POMs?

I'm at a conference this week and unfortunately I haven't been able
to give the release candidate a thorough review and workout.  I have
looked through the contents and tried a few samples.  I noticed a
minor problem with the javadoc, which isn't a showstopper for this
release.  The top-level docs/javadoc/index.html file only lists
the org.apache.tuscany.* packages.  It should also list the
org.osoa.sca.* packages.

  Simon

ant elder wrote:

I think building the samples with mvn from an empty local mvn repo isn't
going to work until we've actually released the 0.90 artifacts into the
Incubator repository. The samples do define the Incubatory repository in
their pom.xml's so it should work once released, but we can't easily test it
until then

  ...ant