Hi Haleh, please see my comments inline.

Thanks

- Venkat

On 6/1/07, haleh mahbod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't see a difference and in fact it is  more work.

In today's mode: you update one page.
a) update Latest release
b) move the old release to previous releases.
(Note: I think previous releases should be on the same page).

For every release I suppose we will have alteast 1 or 1.5 pages of
information i.e. the release related info and the two tables.  Do you mean
we move all of this to the 'Previous Release' section.  If we did this by
the end of this year we will have several pages to scroll down to.

In your proposal: Have a page for each release and then link it back to
latest releases page.

Yes.. the pages are short and concise.  There is just about a list of
releases and the user can choose any one and then get to read up what the
release contains and what is downloadable on a diff. pages.  This is not
much overhead - what is more is just a couple of lines.

Are we making this too complicated? My preference would be to convert the
table we currently have into something readable
that has a link to readme for the release on the same page. I'll add a
sample to the page so we can take a look.

On 6/1/07, Venkata Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Haleh,
>
> I am trying to re-org the downloads / release page for the following
> reason
> :--
>
> Currently the SCA Release pages points to two things i) Latest Release
ii)
> Previous Releases.  In the Latest Release section we have hardcoded the
> content for the 0.90 release.  This is something we will have to revisit
> every time we make a release and then the content there has to be moved
> over
> as well.  i.e. for 0.91 we will have to edit this page and then move the
> contents of 0.90 else where.  To help this to be a bit smooth, I suggest
> that for every release we create a separate page i.e. a page for 0.90, a
> page for 0.91 and so on.  Then in the SCA Releases page we simply
> 'inlcude'
> the relevant page under the 'Latest Release' section.
>
> For the section on Previous Releases, I suggest that we put up a
> table/list
> of links to all the previous release pages.  So when there is 0.91, we
> simply include 0.91 page to the 'Latest Release' section and then
include
> '
> 0.90' page to the 'Previous Releases' list.
>
> I feel this is maintainable in the long run.  Hope I am no missing
> something
> in all of this
>
> - Venkat
>
> On 6/1/07, Venkata Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kelvin, I've just added one more menu item 'SCA Java Home' to link
> > back to the home page of the subproject.  Will do the same for DAS and
> SDO
> > as well, now.
> >
> > Also I am going to see if we can get the other downloads pages (M2
ones)
> > to look the same as the current one.
> >
> > - Venkat
> >
> > On 6/1/07, kelvin goodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Haleh,
> > >   this looks really good, thanks. I particularly like the "Latest
> > > Tuscany
> > > Releases" inset box and the new download page layout.  The
sub-project
> > > menu
> > > doesn't provide a link back to the sub-project's home. Would it be
> > > possible
> > > to make the title of the sub-project menu to be a link back to the
> > > sub-project's home?
> > >
> > > Regards, Kelvin.

> pages.
> subproject