Hi,

I've added more to this guidelines page.  Please take a look and see if it
all makes sense.  Thanks.

- Venkat

On 6/5/07, haleh mahbod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Website update is done.

Below is the draft of 'cwiki development guide' that lays out the tree
structure for cwiki.

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Tuscany+cwiki+Development+Guideline
Can we update it with your suggestions and once an agreement is reached
make
it the development guide for cwiki.
It was very difficult to organize the content and I am sure it'll get into
the same shape if we don't all follow some agreed to guidelines.

Work remaining:
- Convert the old download pages to the new format. Thanks Venkat for your
help thus far for moving the content from the old style to the new style.
- There is a lot of in-progress documentation. Are any of these ready to
be
added to the list of documentations for each project?

Haleh

On 6/2/07, Venkata Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Haleh, please see my comments inline.
>
> Thanks
>
> - Venkat
>
> On 6/1/07, haleh mahbod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I don't see a difference and in fact it is  more work.
> >
> > In today's mode: you update one page.
> > a) update Latest release
> > b) move the old release to previous releases.
> > (Note: I think previous releases should be on the same page).
>

> For every release I suppose we will have alteast 1 or 1.5 pages of
> information i.e. the release related info and the two tables.  Do you
mean
> we move all of this to the 'Previous Release' section.  If we did this
by
> the end of this year we will have several pages to scroll down to.
>
> In your proposal: Have a page for each release and then link it back to
> > latest releases page.
>

> Yes.. the pages are short and concise.  There is just about a list of
> releases and the user can choose any one and then get to read up what
the
> release contains and what is downloadable on a diff. pages.  This is not
> much overhead - what is more is just a couple of lines.
>
> Are we making this too complicated? My preference would be to convert
the
> > table we currently have into something readable
> > that has a link to readme for the release on the same page. I'll add a
> > sample to the page so we can take a look.
> >
> > On 6/1/07, Venkata Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Haleh,
> > >
> > > I am trying to re-org the downloads / release page for the following
> > > reason
> > > :--
> > >
> > > Currently the SCA Release pages points to two things i) Latest
Release

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Tuscany+SCA+Java+-+FAQ

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Java+SCA+Documentation+Menu