This is a real pity IMHO as it makes the SCDL significantly more
complicated, ugly and error prone, changing this namespace is going to do
nothing to help usability. I know line 2535 in the spec is clear, but the
actual SCA schema supports doing this doesn't it? Could we just ignore line
2535, or propose all the extensions we have as spec proposals, or something,
anything else to avoid this PITA?

At the very least we'll need to hightlight a change like this very clearly
in the release notes and website doc on all the extensions, and ensure
there's a really explicit and helpful error message produced when you get
the namespace wrong.

   ...ant