Here is an attempt to clarify the description a bit more.

Old description:

open-source software related to infrastructure that simplifies
the development of service-based application networks and
addresses real business problems posed in SOA, for distribution
at no charge to the public.

Suggestion:

Committee charged with creation and maintenance of
open-source software that simplifies development and management of
applications using service oriented approach. The lightweight, extensible
runtime can be embedded or used stand-alone. This software is for