On 9/26/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Matthieu Riou wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > I'm definitely +1 for both graduation and ant as the chair. For the
> tasks,
> > as ant mentioned the graduation guide [1] is definitely a good read. A
> few
> > additional details:
> >
> >  * In your resolution, one of the most important parts is the
> description.
> > Don't be too broad, you can eventually expand the scope later on if
> > necessary (simple request/ack to the board). Right now the wording is
> good
> > but a bit too "fuzzy" I think. It's also good to add a statement about
> how
> > the project can interact or play with other projects.
> >
> > * The other important parts of the resolution are the chair and the PMC
> > list. Look like you're pretty much set on that side. You can choose to
> > extend the PMC too, and add committers that aren't in the PPMC yet but
> would
> > deserve to.
> >
> >  * Make sure that your project status page is up-to-date [2]
> >
> > Once you're set, you can start a formal vote on the board resolution in
> the
> > community. Then you'll ask for the incubator vote. You'll also have to
> take
> > the board schedule into account. Usually meetings are the third
> Wednesday of
> > each month so it's too late for this month but you could be in good
> shape
> > for October (should be the 17th).
> >
> > Cheers!
> > Matthieu
> >
> > [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation .html
> > [2] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/tuscany.html
> >

> I just looked at the calendar at [3] and I'm not sure what people are
> planning on Sunday but according to this calendar we should start a vote
> on the resolution this Sunday to be in a good shape for the 17th :)

Yeah, the calendar shows more the expected duration of each steps but as a
timeline it's a bit confusing. The tasks can be parallelized and it's also
possible to do stuff on Thursdays and Fridays :) The hard constraints are
the following:

   * the board meeting is the 17th
   * the resolution must be submitted at least 72 hours before (the deadline
is usually Monday) which would be the 15th.
   * the IPMC must have voted the board resolution before, another 72 hours,
usually the week-ends don't count so that would be the 9th
   * finally the community vote is one more 72 hours which would get you to
the 4th.

So you have 4 more days after Sunday :) But there's no reason to rush out,
I'm just clarifying the timeline, you'll be ready when you'll be ready and
you can also target Nov. 21st.

As you said it's better if the resolution is not too fuzzy, I'll try to
> propose small changes to crisp it up a bit (just saw that Haleh just
> proposed some changes to it  too in this thread).
>
> What else can I can help with?

I think that's pretty much it. Compared to everything that comes before,
graduation is a pretty straightforward process (even if it takes time).

Matthieu

[3] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#process