Hi Raymond,

Please see my comments inline.

Also, now that you are with this, may I request your views on the problem
that I am facing with attaching intents and policysets on implementation
model instances.  Presently, atleast for the JavaImplementation model
instances we reuse instances across components.  i.e. assuming we have CompA
and CompB using the same java implementation, then the implementation model
instance that we create is just one.  This is a bit of a problem when CompA
and CompB have different intents specified and the underlying
implementations must inherit that.  Please see
http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg24574.html

Thanks

- Venkat

On 10/20/07, Raymond Feng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I checked in some code as the seed to jump start the transaction policy
> support in Tuscany. Please see more details at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=586640&view=rev.
>
> By looking into the code we have today, I have a few questions.
>
> 1)
>
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.impl.ReallySmallRuntime.loadDomainDefinitions
> (SCADefinitionsDocumentProcessor)
> assuming we have only one "definitions.xml"?

Yes.  From what I have understood from the Assembly specs this
definitions.xml is going to be one per SCA Domain.

2) Should the binding/implementation type contribute policy interceptors
> instead of wrapping the invoker?

I'd been a bit on cross-roads with this, especially when I recently did up
the support for policies in implementation types where I did end up wrapping
the invoker.  I am also tilting heavily towards interceptors and will lookup
that.

3) META-INF/services/org.apache.tuscany.sca.policy.PolicySetHandlers
> The syntax <qname>=<class> is not consistent with the other extension
> points. I propose that we use: <class>;qname=<qname>, for example,
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.policy.transaction.TransactionPolicyHandler;qname={
> http://tuscany.apache.org/xmlns/sca/1.0}TransactionPolicy

I just wanted to keep it like a simple properties file and did not foresee
more than this one setting.  I am ok to move up to this format as we go
along.

I'll post more questions as we evolve.