Hi,

Basically there are two concepts:

1) The introspected implemention code (for example, a java class or a BPEL file). Usually the metadata contributes to the corresponding component type which is shared by all components that use the same implementation code.

2) The <implementation.xxx> element inside the component declaration. It's used to configure a component. And the information pertains to the declaring component only.

+1 on Sebastien's proposal to hold the implementation-level intents/policySets in the Component model. The component:implementation is a 1:1 relationship so we don't have to define an extra model to represent 2). The method component.getImplementation() returns information for 1) today.

We can have something like:

public interface Component extends PolicyAttachPoint {
   // List<Intent> getRequiredIntents(); // from PolicyAttachPoint
   // List<PolicySet> getPolicySets(); // from PolicyAttachPoint
   List<OperationPolicyAttachPoint> getOperationPolicyAttachPoints();
}

public interface OperationPolicyAttachPoint extends PolicyAttachPoint {
   String getOperation();
   String getService();
   void setOperation(String operation);
   void setService(String service);