Hi,

I did a test following the instructions from confluence and it turned out that the Database cannot handle the roundtrip correctly.

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/admin/encodingtestrun.action

Test 2: Form submission
This is the test string pasted by you into the web form and submitted back to Confluence

????

Test 3: Database round-trip (select as lower-case)
This is the string from Test 2 after being stored in the database and then retrieved as lower-case

????

Test 4: Database round-trip (select as upper-case)

This is the string from Test 2 after being stored in the database and then retrieved as upper-case

????

Expected result (converting Java string to uppercase)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Luciano Resende" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>