On Jan 17, 2008 2:41 AM, Luciano Resende <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Binary distribution looks ok, I have tested all the webapps on the
> following host environments :
>      - Tomcat 5.5.x, Tomcat 6.0.x, Jetty 6.1.x, WAS 6.1 FixPack 9
>
> I had issues trying to compile the source distribution from a clean
> maven repo, and I could only get a clean build after removing all
> references to saxon 9.x dependencies (TUSCANY-1998). I also noticed
> TUSCANY-1984.
>
> I'll commit a fix for these issues on the R1.1 branch.
>
> -1 to release RC2 given these issues.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1998
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1984
>
> On Jan 16, 2008 4:56 AM, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Please review and vote on the 1.1 release artifacts of Tuscany SCA for
> Java.
> >
> > The SVN tag for the release is:
> >
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.1-RC2/
> >
> > The artifacts are available for review at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~slaws/tuscany/1.1-RC2/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC2/>
> >
> > This includes the signed binary and source distributions, the RAT
> report,
> > and the Maven staging repository.
> >
> > Can I ask you to choose a selection of platforms in order to test the
> webapp
> > samples. In the RELEASE_NOTES we reference
> >
> >         - Tomcat 6.0.14
> >         - Geronimo 2.0.2 Tomcat6 jee5
> >         - WebSphere 6.1 fix pack 11
> >
> > If you do find issues with the release candidate that you think need
> > to be fixed and lead to a -1 please review and fix them in the 1.1branch
> > and/or raise jira's targeting the 1.1 release.
> >
> > Vote early, vote often!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Simon
> >

> --
> Luciano Resende
> Apache Tuscany Committer
> http://lresende.blogspot.com/

> Hi Luciano

Thanks for trying the release candidate. I haven't been seeing the build
issue but if it's failing for you then I imagine it will fail for others.
I'll try your patch to make sure the build works for me with it.

Can others have a go with release candidate 2. If we respin lets try and get
all the last niggles sorted otherwise we won't get this done in January. I'd
like to have some confidence that a few eyes have looked at it, run the
samples, checked for any legal issues, checked the signatures, tested the
maven artifacts etc.

Thanks