Simon Nash wrote:
>> Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
- What distro Zips are we building and what do they contain? just the runtime? samples or not? dependencies or not? are we building specialized distros for different use cases?
[snip]
With a big topic like this, dividing it into separate threads makes it
easier for people to follow and participate in the discussions.  The
split you are suggesting looks good to me.
[snip]

I'd like to discuss the following: "What distro Zips are we building and what do they contain?"

I think we could improve our distro scheme to provide:
- smaller packages
- easier for people to find what they need

I was thinking about the following binary distro zips:

- tuscany-core.zip - The base that everybody needs.
  core assembly model and runtime
  Java APIs, Java components

- tuscany-web.zip - For WS and Web developers
  WS binding, Web 2.0 bindings, Scripting components, Widget components

- tuscany-jee.zip - For JEE app integration
  EJB, RMI and JMS bindings, Spring components

- tuscany-process.zip - For process development
  BPEL and XQuery components

- tuscany-all.zip - all of the above

Note that I'm not trying to tackle release cycles and the potential for releasing the above zips independently in this discussion and I'm assuming that we release all of the above together.

I'm also assuming that the relevant samples are included in each zip.

Thoughts?