Rajini Sivaram wrote:
Would it be possible to add an OSGi manifest header into these zip files so
that the zips can be directly installed into an OSGi runtime? The entries
will not have any impact when used without OSGi.

+1

The only issue would be the
creation of these entries. We have two options - 1)generate them
automatically during the build process using the maven-bundle-plugin,

+1 or another automated process

or 2)
hand-code a manifest file. It would be easiest to go with option 2) to start
with to avoid any build issues. If it becomes difficult to maintain the
hand-coded manifest file, we can move to option 1).

I'd suggest to write it by hand once to define the target to automate, then automate its generation right away.

The manifest entries will contain bundle names, versions, imported packages,
exported packages and a bundle classpath(which lists jars contained inside
the zip).

Can you post an example or put it in SVN? Thanks.