OK, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed a discussion on how to do
this with dynamic SDOs.

You know, one issue I noticed when looking at this with static SDOs is
the way that SDO makes it hard for you
to programmatically go from static SDO to XSD.   Looking at the SDO
source I think it was the code in
org.apache.tuscany.sdo.helper.SchemaBuilder.buildSchema() which was responsible:

                throw new IllegalArgumentException("Cannot generate
XSD since SDO Type '" +
                        dataType.getName() + "' was orginally
generated from XSD.  Use original XSD");