Scott Kurz wrote:
OK, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed a discussion on how to do
this with dynamic SDOs.

You know, one issue I noticed when looking at this with static SDOs is
the way that SDO makes it hard for you
to programmatically go from static SDO to XSD.   Looking at the SDO
source I think it was the code in
org.apache.tuscany.sdo.helper.SchemaBuilder.buildSchema() which was responsible:

                throw new IllegalArgumentException("Cannot generate
XSD since SDO Type '" +
                        dataType.getName() + "' was orginally
generated from XSD.  Use original XSD");
[snip]

There may be issues with that method :) but there should be enough metadata in the SDO type to generate a compatible XSD.

We could also grab the element/type qname from the SDO type, find its declaration in the XSD files in the scope of the contribution, and simply use it.

I'd prefer that as it'll be easier for the app developer to get WSDL pointing back to his original XSD.