This is about creating the healthiest Apache environment for fostering
creative ongoing SDO Java development.

The feedback from Apache members to the proposal I put forward for a new
project, was that it was too tightly scoped around JSR 235.

In order to broaden the scope of the new project proposal, and yet not split
the pool of potential Apache contributors to this technology, I am asking
the Tuscany community if it is prepared to drop the explicit reference to
SDO.  This would seem to be a necessary step before going back to the Apache
community with a broader scoped proposal for the new project,  since it is
clear that we would get objections on the basis that the pool of potential
contributors would be split across the two Apache projects.

So as I mentioned before,  implicit in this change to the charter is the
understanding that if another Apache other project is established with an
explicit remit for SDO Java development,  then we would work towards
ensuring that new  development happened in that new project.

I believe I need to be able to point to the changed draft charter, and to
point to discussions that demonstrate a willingness on the part of the
Tuscany community to be prepared to act in the spirit of these discussions,
if the new project is to stand a chance of being accepted into incubation.

Kelvin.