On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
> In tuscany-sca (1.1 above) , there are two modules related with java2wsdl:
> 1.) modules\interface-wsdl-java2wsdl
> 2.) tools\java2wsdl
> The java2wsdl interface(1) provides a runtime interface to handle java
> object to wsdl object
> the  java2wsdl tool (2) provides a command-line tool for converting java
> classes into wsdl files.
> the (1) use JAVA2WSDLBuilder (from Axis2 1.3 code) and AxisService2WSDL11,
> AxisService2WSDL20  to generate WSDL
> the (2) use TuscanyJAVA2WSDLBuilder, TuscanyWSDLTypeGenerator ... to
> generate WSDL
> Why there are two different ways? Why not just use axis code only or
> tuscany
> code only for the two modules?
> Or there are already a plan to merge the code? so which one will be if
> there
> is a choice?
>
> Thanks
> - Alex

Hi Alex

I don't think there is a good reason for the two approaches to WSDL
generation. It's probably just historical. I agree that it would be much
cleaner and more maintainable to have one set of code for doing this. I saw
a comment on the list the other from someone getting different results
depending on which approach they used. This is obviously not a good thing.
Are you interested in getting involved in trying to fix this?

Regards