On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> the Axis2 Java2WSDL can add "-sg" option with the value "
> org.apache.axis2.jaxbri.JaxbSchemaGenerator".
> then it can deal with the JXAB annotations.
> since interface-wsdl-java2wsdl relies on Axis'2 java2wsdl directly, It's
> easy to do JXAB.
> But for tools\java2wsdl, it NOT easy since it use different approache.
> -Alex
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Scott Kurz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > One important difference if I understand correctly is the tool handles
> > SDOs
> > whereas the runtime
> > interface-wsdl-java2wsdl module only handles POJO types.
> >
> > I think the runtime code basically relies on Axis2's Java->XSD mapping,
> > which I don't think would
> > fully honor JAXB annotations in the Java as it ideally would (though it
> > looks like we do an extra
> > step allowing us to recognize if a NS->pkg mapping other than the
> default
> > was used to gen the Java).
> >
> > (With some configuration, I believe it's possible to use Axis2's J2W
> > function in a way such that it would
> > recognize these JAXB annotations, or another alternative I believe Simon
> > Nash mentioned was to look into
> > CXF.)
> >
> > I didn't follow all of the discussion about removing SDO from the
> Tuscany
> > charter... but if SDO is no
> > longer a special part of the Tuscany project then what would happen to
> the
> > W2J/J2W tools built around
> > SDO support?
> >
> > Scott
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 7:26 AM, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:

> > > java2wsdl:
> java
> > java
> > > AxisService2WSDL11,
> if

> > > Hi Alex
> > >
> > > I don't think there is a good reason for the two approaches to WSDL
> > > generation. It's probably just historical. I agree that it would be
> much
> > > cleaner and more maintainable to have one set of code for doing this.
> > > saw
> > > a comment on the list the other from someone getting different results
> > > depending on which approach they used. This is obviously not a good
> > thing.
> > > Are you interested in getting involved in trying to fix this?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Simon
> > >

> --
> http://jroller.com/page/dindin

The question then is, what do we want these tools to do? Some thoughts from
my point of view. This is just my view and others may disagree...

- The runtime J2WSDL should be able to generate WSDL for Java interfaces for
the Java interface styles that Tuscany SCA supports. Specifically I mean
that our runtime tooling should be able to handle the various databindings
that we support for java interfaces, e.g. SDO, JAXB, etc. It's not necessary
that they are all supported straight away but we should have an approach
that means we see how they could be supported.

- We should try and adopt existing technology for doing this generation
where possible, Axis2, CxF etc. rather than writing our own

- We may need to make changes over and above the basic generation provided
by tools, such as Axis, to fix faults and add extra function, e.g. [1] and I
know Raymond has been working on making sure we adopt a JAXWS mapping for
java2wsdl generation. Also there are extra annotations that we may want to
introduce in the WSDL based on service configuration.

- We shouldn't have two sets of tooling implemented in different ways to do
this stuff

There has been previous discussion of this in [2] but I don't know where
Simon got to. It sounds like we need a tool into which we can plug WSDL and
XSD generators and also plug in post generation processors. As Scott points
out the runtime Java2WSDL currently has different capability compared with
the developer tooling. I'm with Alex on this, If we can further develop the
runtime tool then does anyone have any good reason why we can't use the same
code for the developer tool?

Simon

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg28531.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg27855.html