I'd like to add support for the request/response Connection attributes of
the JMS binding (see lines 119 and 123 of the JMS binding spec) and wondered
if the existing code in the policy framework would be able to support this
today or if I'd need to extend it with some new SPI or something?

These attributes enable defining jms binding configurations in a
definitions.xml file and referring to those from the binding in a composite,
eg:

<composite>
        <service>
            <binding.jms requestConnection="StockQuoteService" />
        </service>
    . . .
</composite>

and

<definitions>
   <binding.jms name="StockQuoteService"
                       initialContextFactory="
org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory"
                       jndiURL="tcp://localhost:61616">
      <destination name="StockQuoteServiceQueue" create="never"/>
      <connectionFactory name="StockQuoteServiceQCF" create="never"/>
   </binding.jms>
</definitions>

Does anyone who know the policy code have any comments, suggestions or
hints?