I guess you missed my +1. :-)

From: "Mark Combellack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 6:15 AM
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Adding SVN version to Java files

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Sebastien Delfino [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 15 April 2008 02:59
To: tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org

Mark Combellack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been looking through the Tuscany source code and noticed that some
> files have a @version containing the SVN revision number in their
JavaDoc
> headers but others do not.
>
> As an example, @version might look like:
>
> /**
>  * Some JavaDoc for the class
>  *
> * @version $Rev: 598005 $ $Date: 2007-11-25 16:36:27 +0000 (Sun, 25 > Nov
> 2007) $
>  */
>
> I would like to go through the Tuscany source code and add this header
where
> it is missing. This would involve a large number of minor changes to > the > Tuscany tree so I wanted to run it by everyone to make sure no-one had > a
> problem with me doing this at this time.
>
> I'll probably start this next week unless there is an objection.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

I'm replying again to the original message in this thread, as there
doesn't seem to be any conclusion yet. Does anybody understand where we
are with this?

I'm usually adding the SVN rev tag to the files I touch when I see that
it's missing. I guess I can continue like that but it doesn't sound
ideal, so I'm still +1 on Mark's proposal.

Anyway, Mark Thanks for volunteering to do this. I was hoping it'd take
less than 3 weeks to reach consensus on changes like that which don't
break anything...

This topic appears to have gone quiet. I guess this means that we have a
"consensus" since there appears to be no active debate on this subject.

In summary of this thread, we have:

   +1 from Mark, Vasmi, Luciano and Sebastian.

   ant prefers not to do this

   Simon says he would find it useful.

From the above, we have 4 +1s and no -1s - although we have a preference not
to do this from ant. So, the consensus is to make this change.

I'll hold off making the changes for a few days and then start later this
week.

Thanks,

Mark