Title: Signature.html
Not because of this particular problem, but, out of curiosity, I tried today to give the MS command line facility a shot. I think that's what we are discussing here. I immediately ran into something of a problem. My assumption was is was fully a DOS window.  Trying to work my way to folder was a bit daunting, since I have not used this in a very long time, but this wasn't the problem.

As it turns out, there was an easier way. Drag and drop the path+program link into the window after placing a CD in the command line. Very non-DOS*. :-) One could then backspace to remove the program name, so the result was a CD to the program folder, where several programs reside. Now the problem became one of typing in the name of the program each time it was to be executed. With a pretty long path name and the need to type in the file name on each use, it seemed a bit tedious.  Maybe there's another way?

* But yet, no copy and paste from the folder Address area

P.S. For some very odd reason, now when I press Reply, I get both the poster's address and Tutor.  It seems to come and go.  Right now it doesn't work, as I try it one other messages I see on screen. Very odd.

Alan Gauld wrote:

"Wayne Watson" <sierra_mtnv...@sbcglobal.net> wrote

 I just ran the program again straight from the py file, and it put my the black window with my raw_input prompt.

Thats why, when debugging, its often better to open the command window first and run the program from the OS prompt. That way you don't lose any text messages that may be written to the screen.

Alan G

                                   -- Sir Francis Bacon

                    Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>