On 06/14/2013 05:43 PM, Alan Gauld wrote:
On 14/06/13 19:34, Jim Mooney wrote:

I'm probably going to hear that's already been done, too ;')

Not in 3D to my knowledge but visual programming for sure.
One example was ObjectVision from Borland on the PC. It lacked a loop
construct because it was event driven but otherwise was a complete
visual programming tool. I actually built a couple of business apps
using it in the early 90's. There's a YouTube video showing the demos
that came with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz37j3fOAc8

Another one, currently popular on the RaspberryPi micro computer is
Scratch:

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/editor/?tip_bar=getStarted

And on an industrial scale there are several tools that attempt to turn
UML/SDL design  diagrams into executable code, with varying degrees of
success.

There's nothing new under the sun :-)

How about the program in about 1988 called "The Last One" ? It was supposed to be the last program you'd ever have to buy.

--
DaveA