On 5-Nov-04, at 3:18 PM, Bill Kendrick wrote:

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 07:50:51PM -0700, Martin Fuhrer wrote:
* All TuxPaint settings, saved files, and stamps were previously store
in "~/Library/Preferences/tuxpaint". I have changed this to
"~/Library/Application Support/TuxPaint", which is the more appropriate
folder, since we are dealing with much more than just preferences.
This means that users of previous versions of TuxPaint won't see their
saved images unless they move the tuxpaint folder to Application
Support. I could write a simple Applescript to accomplish this task.

I think moving them is a good idea, but it should be made obvious that
this is happening, so that folks know what's going on.

Yes, I will provide a note with the 0.9.14 release, along with an Applescript that moves all the files.
* Because TuxPaint's graphics, tools, etc. are stored within the
Resource folder of the application's bundle, I've set DATA_PREFIX to
"TuxPaint.app/Contents/Resources". Unfortunately, this means that if a
user renames TuxPaint (a distinct possiblity in the Mac world), the
application will no longer be able to access its resources and TuxPaint
will quit. Are there any OS X gurus who might know how I can define
DATA_PREFIX using just a relative path (without having to specify
"TuxPaint.app")?

This has been brought up in the past. I think for Tux Paint 0.9.15
I will FINALLY listen to all you folks, and make the data pathes dynamic.

That, my friend, would be great! It would greatly facilitate the bundling of resources on the Mac OS X end of things.
* Opening the reef or skyline image only succeeds in opening the
foreground elements (the coral and palm, respectively); the backgrounds
do not load.

Can you give more info? (The DEBUG option might help, and then run
Tux Paint from Terminal.app or somesuch...)

The DEBUG option doesn't provide any additional information. When you open the reef image, it appears TuxPaint is actually loading two images, reef.png (the foreground) and reef-back.png (the background). It looks like the OS X port is not recognizing the alpha channel in the foreground, so the background blotted out. I downloaded and compiled the latest version of libpng this morning, but the images still don't load properly when TuxPaint is linked against the new library.
* The proper TuxPaint icon is now shown in the Dock.

Oh shoot, I didn't notice when I tested it just now, but thanks. :)
Is there a code change that'll need to happen in Tux Paint's source for this?
Or was it specific to the Mac OS X build process?

#ifndef __APPLE__
/* Set icon image: */

seticon();
#endif

Mac OS X application bundles manage their own icon loading, and the SDL seticon() function was interfering.

Martin