On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 01:31:19PM -0500, Albert Cahalan wrote:
> I'm not seeing that on the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> mailing list. I think I get about 1 spam per day.
> The list has been around for a while, and it has been
> mentioned all over: freshmeat.net, the procps web site,
> every release announcement, emails on linux-kernel, etc.

Well, unfortunately, the overwhelming number of post attempts to
tuxpaint-* are spams.  After responding to your message, I went and examined
and deleted about 40 'this msg was discarded' alerts sent to me by the
list software.  Not one was a legitimate message. :^(

<snip>
> The positive benefits of an open list are huge.
> Bug reports can come in freely.

Unfortunately, you'll need to talk to Sam Hart to see what he can do,
since he runs the list server.  Until I see nearly 0 spams getting as
far as the list management software (which is currently where they're being
dropped), I won't expose the subscribers to such a deluge of junk mail.

It MAY make sense to move the lists over to SourceForge, though.  That might
have the benefit of getting them archived again.

What do people think?

-bill!