On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 17:24, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
> Albert Cahalan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in

> > The Gimp is more age-appropriate. It has a standard GUI
> > (and an insane one too, but you can ignore that)
>
> The Gimp's GUI is indeed terrible (and not 'standard'!).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the GUI is terrible.
If you enable the menubar though, it's fairly standard.
I think the problems run deeper than the surface.

In any case, they have a Bugzilla. You can help them to
see the light. They'll most likely brush you off, but
with enough distinct bug reporters... well, one can hope.

KDE has something that might be more to your liking.
It's not as powerful as the Gimp, but it's way easier
and has a totally standard Qt-based interface.

Probably the Tux Paint documentation should point to both of
these, to handle kids that are getting too old for Tux Paint.