On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Kevin M.<drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Men helping themselves is what made Farrah's poster so popular back in the
>>> day.
>>
>> What I meant about this was that you never seem to let something pass by
>> without
>> making a snarky, innappropriate comment. The Michael Jackson post, and this
>> one...
>> what a really unhappy person you must be.

I dug this out of mothballs. It is a blog written by Tom Snyder on his
defunct Colortini website, back in 2005. It doesn't all relate, and
more than a little of it is caustic, but I thought it worth a revisit.
Maybe it adds something to the discussion, maybe not. Maybe I just
want to point out that it isn't just me:

So Larry King didn't get to testify at the Michael Jackson circus.
Ellen DeGeneres was molested. "Good Morning America" has almost
overtaken the "Today" show. Donald Trump doesn't like the plans for
the World Trade Center Memorial. Oprah Winfrey threw a three day party
at her Santa Barbara 33 million dollar estate. Robert Blake is broke.
Pat O'Brien is back on the air. Seriously, haven't we had enough of
this celebrity clap trap? With the situation in Iraq apparently
growing more desperate every day, with the politicians in a hissing
match over judges and filibusters, with the stock market on a roller
coaster ride of ups and downs, with so many people in this country in
need of so much, do we really have to spend time in the ever expanding
world of celebrity self promotion? Most of these folks are multi
millionaires who live in a world most people will never experience.
Yet they pass themselves off as ordinary people.