We also have no way of knowing how ratings would have been
different if the Jay Leno Show hadn't been a failure (or if Zucker
hadn't been dumb enough to try it in the first place).

 But I guess we'll get to see how Conan does on Fox (though
it may be a while before all the stations will show Conan instead of
old Seinfeld episodes - I wonder if any stations will show one episode
and then start him at 11:30?).

 Or another channel.

 I imagine after the agreement with NBC is finalized the next big story will
be if there is a bidding war for Conan which may
or might not end before the how awful is the Tonight Show
after Jay Leno returns becomes the bit story (at least
in the entertainment world - there obviously are
much more important stories).

--
Steve Rhodes

http://flickr.com/photos/ari/ photos