AFAIK, the Ferguson camp is operating under the impression that - all
things being equal, including numbers, talent, and general appeal -
Craig is slated to eventually take over for Dave. They've received
some assurances, but, especially in the current climate, they're aware
that there are no slam dunks in this sort of situation.