On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 4:16 PM, David Bruggeman <bru...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, NewsCorp contributed $1 million to a Republican group earlier this
> year.  No way would they crack down on their staff for similar stuff.
>
> David

Doesn't General Electric also donate to political causes, too? Or is it that
NewsCorp has been more one sided and generous in its donation.

> ------------------------------
> *From:* donz5 <do...@aol.com>
> **
> *Subject:* [TV orNotTV] Re: Olby suspended indefinitely
>
> The revelations not yet spread from their initial sources:
>
> March 2006: Joe Scarborough contributes $4,200 to Oregon House
> Republican candidate Derrick Kitts. MSNBC's rationale for no penalty:
> "Kitts is an old friend of Joe's. Joe hosts an opinion program and is
> not a news reporter."
>
> http://www.dailykos.com/

Aside from the friend rationale, the other two reasons would apply to
Olbermann as well... unless they believe the fiction that Countdown is
straight news.

> August 2010: Sean Hannity contributes $5,000 to Michelle Bachmann. Not
> a peep from Fox New management.
>

> http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2010/09/23/bachmann_hannity_donation

And to think, MSNBC just introduced that expensive new image campaign too --
"Lean Forward". Maybe they should have used their alternate choice, "Keeping
it Real".

"Yes, we're a liberal network. We're just keeping it real, yo!"