On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:33 AM, Doug Fields <d...@flids.net> wrote:
> From the sixteenth edition of the Chicago Manual of Style:

> The correct usage would be "The Bushes are blue-bloods."

Here is where I again get nit-picky -- is this the same in the AP and
MLA style manuals? I only ask because I've seen more than a few
instances where the Chicago Manual of Style differed greatly from the
other primary manuals (its insistance on the double-s apostrophe, as
in James's, for example). None of my university professors would allow
the Chicago Manual to be used