The fifth episode was basically a carbon copy of episode seven of the
10th series of the UK version (just replace General Motors for British
Leyland). The same stunts and gimmicks were employed, which meant the
episode all came down to the chemistry between the hosts. The only
comparison I can think of is the pilot episode of both the UK and US
episodes of "The Office." I have to say, the guys do play well
together and the episode worked overall. However, one segment that
isn't clicking for me in the US version is the star in a reasonably
priced car. The hosts have traded off conducting the interviews, and
none of them have the chops for it. I'd rather see a car review in
place of the segment. I also would have preferred the show to have
done more with Detroit than just driving through the town. It was
Motor City, after all. But I guess they don't want to be accused of a
social or political slant the way the UK show is.
-- 
Kevin M. (RPCV)

-- 
TV or Not TV .... The Smartest (TV) People!
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "TV or Not TV" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/tvornottv?hl=en

Reply via email to