I didn't mind the fact that the BL tribute film was 
essentially re-purposed here, as for the most part, the film worked.  I 
would have liked to see the hosts make pitstops at some of the disused GM 
plants around the Detroit metro, much as the TGUK boys did in their BL film. 
 But otherwise, there wasn't much to complain about - it's feeling more and 
more like Top Gear every week.

I agree about the interviews, but that may just be something they have to 
work out over time.  I personally thing Rutledge does better with the guests 
than Adam does (Tanner hasn't done an interview so far - are they saving him 
for F1/NASCAR drivers?), but they're still really rough, and far too quick 
to mean anything before the lap starts.  That said, the editing on the star 
laps has improved greatly - I like hearing more in-car audio.

Absolutely no Stig this week, which is criminal.  While I appreciate that 
they're trying to swap in The News wherever they can, the segment only works 
if the show is timely - TGUK films Wednesday to air the following Sunday, so 
a news segment works; TGUS was obviously taped months ago.  I'd have rather 
they swapped out the news for a supercar review/lap.

-- 
TV or Not TV .... The Smartest (TV) People!
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "TV or Not TV" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/tvornottv?hl=en

Reply via email to