I'm fighting off a cold so I fell asleep watching the ceremony. Reading a
news account today it said Gervais disappeared from the show for an hour and
when he returned his attitude was notably mellower. Anyone have insight on
that?
I liked what Gervais was doing. Award shows are notoriously boring as they
praise people I'll bet a lot of people in Hollywood don't even know. Gervais
was the antidoe to that.