On Jan 17, 9:07 am, Jon Delfin <jondel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A couple of the reports I've skimmed this morning suggest that it's
> not at all unusual for the host to disappear in the second half of an
> awards broadcast, as the need to rush through to make up for lost time
> increases.
>
> But it sure did look like, as some of Dan Fienberg's tweeters
> suggested, the HFPA had Gervais "taken outside and shot."

And for those of you who actually care, here are the TV winners from
last night, C&P'd from ew.com supposedly in reverse order of
presentation:

Best Television Series – Comedy or Musical
Glee

Best Actor in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical
Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory

Best Actress in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical
Laura Linney, The Big C

Best Performance by an Actress in a Series, Mini-Series, or Motion
Picture Made for Television
Jane Lynch, Glee

Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made
for Television
Claire Danes, Temple Grandin

Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made
for Television
Al Pacino, You Don’t Know Jack

Best Television Series – Drama
Boardwalk Empire

Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series – Drama
Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-
Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Chris Colfer, Glee

Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Carlos

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama
Katey Sagal, Sons of Anarchy

And I believe the "theatrical cut" of "Carlos" is still available on
VOD in the "Sundance Selects"/same day as theaters category.  Both the
TV mini-series and theatrical cuts are moving across the country to
arthouses and the whole shmear will probably be on DVD soon.  One
hopes that Sundance Channel will also repeat the mini-series
eventually.  From what I hear, the film is well worth watching,
particularly in the full-length mini-series cut.