I posted this elsewhere; thought I'd share it here as well:

Johnny: October 1, 1962 to May 22, 1992 = 10,826 days

Dave: February 1, 1982 to today (September 8, 2011): 10,811 days

That leaves 15 days remaining before Dave matches Johnny's tenure.
That'll occur September 23.

So on Saturday, September 24, Dave will become the longest-running
late-night talk-show host on network television.