Why I detest Seacrest?   He's put so many legends out of work, and honestly,
ruined radio as we knew it.  As a broadcaster, I resent that one person can
come in and displace Rick Dees (Clear Channel fired him for Seacrest), Casey
Kasem (Clear Channel shoved Kasey off AT40 years ago for Seacrest), and Dick
Clark (RIP).  Clear Channel overuses him which keeps new talent off the
radio, and it really cheeses me to hear him as the ONLY talent there is in
broadcasting.  I refused to run his garbage on any station I've ever
programmed, simply because I feel he's not worth the money.   And why would
I want a product everyone else has?

I resent that he's everywhere.  Seriously, I get annoyed with seeing him on
virtually every major network (I think CBS is the only one who doesn't have
him under a contract yet).

Radio no longer has a farm system.  Anyone going into radio today has
nowhere to advance their careers due to him and people like him.  Used to,
you could go from small market Nebraska to Omaha, KC, or anywhere bigger.
Not anymore.  Today, more and more people are being cut in radio and their
replacement?  Seacrest.  What happens if Seacrest were to have something
happen to him like Dick Clark?  There's no one out there to replace him.

It's hard to ignore someone who is on so many different venues at one time.
There ARE other people in media other than him.  He just wants the facetime,
and he doesn't get it from me!