As far as I can tell, "Take It All" was not a direct adaptation of a
British format, although the "Prisoner's Dilemma" gambit is or has been
used by a British game show (and by GSN's old "Friend or Foe?", which was
uncomfortable enough with the low stakes cable jackpots, despite the fact
that Lisa Kennedy Montgomery tried to keep things relatively light).  I
would say that the craziness was thinking that Secret Santa could be turned
into an hour-long game show.

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotligh...@gmail.com