On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Steve Timko <steveti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> $15 a month and exclusively on Apple for the first three months. I might
> do it if I could buy it for three or four months at a time and catch up on
> all the HBO programs I haven't seen. I'm not sure it's worth $15 year round.

I would assume that it's a month-to-month subscription and not a year's
commitment. The target audience is people who download torrents of HBO
series and/or get friends' or family members' HBO Go passwords. If HBO
makes subscriptions too onerous for them, these people will go back to the
tried and true methods.

Plus, back when The Sopranos was on, HBO reported cable subscriptions
rising just before a new season and falling off when the season ended. They
know that people don't always their content all the time.