The problem with the didactic material is that they could include a forward
by, say, Donald Bogle (who's more or less the go-to guy on this sort of
thing), or even an informed panel, and how many people are going to skip
through it to get to Scarlett and George Reeves at that damned barbecue?

I think that, at this late date, anyone who's motivated enough to want to
watch even an hour or two of the movie is either aware of its implications
or background and/or doesn't care and/or supports that mindset.

I think it's different with something lesser known like the "Censored 11"
Looney Tunes, because most people would A) assume that they're intended for
kids and mostly benign and B) don't know about the troublesome ones. I have
enough knowledge of film and the period to know that "Coal Black and de
Sebben Dwarves" of "All This and Rabbit Stew" aren't exactly loaded with
positive imagery, but I have enough awareness to put it in the context of
"Goin' to Hebben on a Missouri Mule" from "Wonder Bar" or Mickey Rooney's
blackface number in "Babes on Broadway" and dismiss it without excusing it.

--Dave Sikula